Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Tuesday 12 April 2022

Just in time

 ‘You seduced my father by black magic? How could you do that?’
‘Everything is fair in love and war Tarun.’ Nimmi said with a wicked smile. 



‘You stole my father from me. I grew up like a child without a father. My mother, she languished with every passing day.’
‘That was a casualty Tarun. Believe me, I didn’t mean any harm to you or your mother. Had I wanted that, I could have easily done that. I didn’t do that. Your father was gentleman. He didn’t know…’


‘What did he didn’t know?’
‘You want to know? Ok, now that all the concerned are dead, I have no harm in telling you. The book, I mean the diary said….’


That was when a gushing whirl-wind entered the ground. It flew everything that it could – leaves, paper, sheets over the houses with it. The trees swayed so wildly that I felt they would be uprooted at any point of time. The sheets above Nimmi’s house just rattled. They didn’t budge to the strong winds. Nimmi rolled her eyes up and looked at the sheets and sported a wicked smile again. The sky turned overcast.  The air became cooler.
‘The book said….’ Nimmi continued.


That is when a familiar, slender sillhoutee surfaced from the whirlwind. I was unable to comprehend as what was happening. The sillhouttee now whirled at a ferocious speed, all around me. I was intimidated. I felt that it will hit me or cut me in two pieces. But it stopped after circling me umpteen times. I could now see it was Alia who was standing in front of me. 

Contours of Nimmi’s face changed. Yet, she acted normal and continued, ‘ The book said take a hair of your beloved.’
‘Tarun, don’t fall prey to her….’ Alia said.


‘Keep the hair of your beloved on a Peepal leaf on a no moon day.’ Nimmi said.


‘What is all this Alia? I can’t understand.’
‘I don’t have time to explain you everything. I have woven a protective bubble around you, but it won’t last more than an hour. If this crone succeeds in telling you the entire story, she will be liberated from this entanglement but you will get trapped. Remember as long as she is not telling you the story, you are protected.’


Hearing this, Nimmi was enraged. Her eyes turned red and her body tremored.
‘Don’t believe her my son, she has cast a spell on you.’ Nimmi whimpered.


‘This old hag is talking non-sense. She will go to any extent to achieve her aim. You have heard it from her own mouth. Don’t fall prey to her.’ Alia said.
‘If I am evil’, roared Nimmi, ‘you too are evil. Both of us are playing the same role, that of the other woman, a house breaker.’


‘I have not broken anyone’s home. Tarun is still with Somi.’ Alia retorted.
‘Oh! Is it? Tarun my son you are such an innocent boy, just like your father. Anyone can easily fool you, and that is what this woman did.’
‘Don’t throw wild baseless allegations at me.’ Alia snapped her
‘Baseless? Ok, let us provide with some base. A base better than, solid then pizza base.’ Nimmi laughed at her own joke.
‘Didn’t I tell you she speaks non-sense.’ Alia said.


‘Ok, time for some sensual talk my son. Let me show you her trap clearly. Did you ever meet her husband? Did you ever see the divorce papers filed by her in the court.’
‘Tarun, don’t believe her. Remember, you were the one who referred me to the lawyer. Mr. Mehra, who was Somi’s friend.’ My head was throbbing in pain and was beyond any comprehension.
For some time the only sound we heard was that of the whirling wind lacedwith occasional whimpering of Nimmi.


‘I remember… I remember…,’ I said, ‘I had referred you to Advocate Mehra. But, I faintly remember when I had met him at a party, I had casually mentioned him about you and he said, no one by that name ever visited him.’
‘Why didn’t you mention it earlier to me?’ Alia asked.
‘That was because, I didn’t want to get into your personal things.’
‘What the fuck Tarun! Is there anything personal left between us. I have lost the count of the number of times we shared the bed.’


Nimmi slowly got on to her haunches and said, ‘Boy you are in a fix now. Sharing the bed, exchanging the body fluids, changes he dyanmics of any relationship. Poor chap, just like his father.’
No sooner had Nimmi said this than Alia swirled around herself again in a monstrous speed and weaved again some pattern around me.
‘There was a patch. This haggard woman was trying to control your thoughts through it. But now you are safe.’ Alia said.
I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment