Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Winter Poems - Book Review


Having read earlier works of Sabarna Roy I must confess that I have become his fan. Here is an author who aptly knows how to carve out unforgettable characters by apt use of words. So when I came across Winter Poems by him, I immediately lapped it up.

Poetry is like a painting you convey so many things with just a few strokes. Sabarna creates the atmosphere of winter through his poems. There are festivities and there is mourning. In a single season, the poet summarizes the philosophy of life – its celebration and its futility.

I really liked the book for the varied themes it tries to touch upon in a few words. This book is a piece of great literature. Certainly, not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment