Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Saturday 7 May 2016

Those were the days


My mother hugged my wife tightly and said, ‘Congratulations! You are going to be a mother and I...I am going to become a grandmother. I cannot describe my happiness into words. You have made me happy... very happy. Thank you beta. Thanks a lot.’ My wife always had a very cordial relationship with my mother. But that day they came very close. The baby in my wife's womb had brought so much of happiness into our lives. My mother was so happy with the thought of being a grandmother. At times my wife wondered if her happiness could match that of my mother. She even voiced her feelings. My mother said, ‘You will not understand it now. Wait until your child tells you that you are going to be a grandmother. I am sure you will understand how I am feeling now.’

My mother and my wife would chat in the lazy afternoons. My mother would share with my wife her experience of pregnancy. ‘Can you believe that I did not throw up even once during those nine months of pregnancy? Your husband was a very well behaved child even when he was in the womb.’ She told her. My wife threw up every morning. The morning sickness was getting on her nerves. Finally she asked my mother, ‘Ma you did not throw up even once. This child in my womb has your genes. Yet I throw up every morning. I feel like....’ My wife swallowed the words I don’t want this pregnancy. She was physically and mentally stressed.

That was when my mother went near her. She rubbed her back and said. ‘It is absolutely normal to feel like that. Nothing wrong. I can understand how you are feeling. Even I felt the same way when I was in the advanced stage of pregnancy. We didn’t have a dining table then. We had lunch sitting on the floor. Getting up after the lunch was a punishment. Even I felt like ….’

Remember my child every pregnancy is different. I didn’t throw up that doesn’t mean you too will not throw up. I was having difficulty in getting up after sitting on the floor, doesn’t mean that you too will face the same difficulty. We all are different. Our bodies, our systems are different.’

After hearing this  my wife rested her head on her lap and my mother patted her. Till date my wife says, 'Such was my mother-in-law. No she was my mother. It was because of her understanding nature that I was able to proceed through my pregnancy.'

My wife misses my mother the most. She says all the time 'Now I am pregnant with my second child. But my Ma is not there around. I miss her the most. I watch the stars in the night. I know she is the brightest of them all. She is watching me, loving me, caring me'

“I’m writing about my wonderful journey of pregnancy for the #YummyMummy blogging activity at BlogAdda in association with Marico Bio Oil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment