Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Saturday 16 April 2022

Not of this world

 


‘I expect nothing in return but for friendship, and don’t worry I won’t slap any sexual harassment charges on you. I am not that kind of girl. I belong to a totally different world.’

I recollected her words, ‘I belong to a totally different world.’

Alia came forward and said, ‘Don’t take what I said quite literally. You know it is just a way of …’

I snapped her and asked, ‘How could you read my thoughts?’ Nimmi sniggered.

‘There is something that both of you are hiding from me.’

‘That day when you and Alia were sitting on the stairs of that old haveli....’ Nimmi said.

+++

I clearly remembered that day when me and Alia had been on the outskirts of the city. There stood and old mausoleum which Alia noticed first. Its dome made of black stones looked mysterious.

We parked the car and walked through the overgrown grass to reach near the mausoleum.

‘Perhaps, no one visits it.’ I said.

‘Ordinary folks aren’t interested in such historical gems. In a way, it is better. If this place was a well known place it would have been frequented by noisy families who would litter all around.

As we went nearer the imposing gate of mausoleum with its arcades welcomed us. The top dome was surrounded by four small domes on all four sides, something which we could not see.

‘This is not the main entrance.’ Alia said.

The intricately carved jallis covered the arches. We walked by the side of the octagonal platform on which the structure stood and reached the other end. There were few steps carved on the red sandstone leading to the main gate.

‘I am getting a feeling that something is not right about this place.’ I said and stopped.

‘It is a graveyard after all. Plus, it is secluded. Come.’ Alia said.

‘Let us sit here.’ I said and sat on the platform.

I turned around to see that Alia had just vanished. I panicked and ran around the entire building shouting for her. But she was no where to be seen. 

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z 

2 comments:

  1. The clue, I guess, is that she belongs to a different world! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting this one! Will have to figure out the clue in it though.

    ReplyDelete