Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Tuesday 19 April 2022

piqued


 Slowly, things were falling in place. I clearly remembered that day. It was a pleasant evening. The sun was setting. I looked out of the window. The same tree, the same street and the same chaos of people. But in the twilight everything looked new, everything looked romantic.

That was when I remembered that I was having an online meeting with the overseas client and I wasn’t prepared. I knew that Alia would have meticulously taken out notes and would come to my rescue.

 I rushed to her cubicle. She had packed her things and was shutting down the computer. I was mesmerized by her beauty. She was wearing a yellow top and a long brown skirt. I wondered how could this woman look so ravishing even after a day’s hard work.

Alia swirled around and was startled on seeing me. I told her the purpose of my visit.  As expected the notes were ready. She restarted the computer and gave the command for print. 

My eyes were drawn by a tiny bottle of scent kept on the table. It was rotund, with pearl like patterns on its surface. I took it in my hands and opened its cap and took it near my nose. The fragrance was intoxicating. I applied it on the cuff on my shirt and then realized my folly. I had been petty ill mannered.  Alia gave the file to me and observed that I had applied the perfume. She smiled wryly. 

Now, I realized what damage I had done to myself.
‘You tell me, did I win you by black magic?’ Alia asked.

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z 

No comments:

Post a Comment