Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Monday 18 April 2022

Opaque

 

That’s when I felt I saw her step out of the main door.  But the main door was locked. Yet, Alia had emerged out of it.


‘Where had you been? How could you enter the locked door without even opening it?’ I asked.

‘Tarun, what are you talking? Am I a Djinn to enter the locked doors and walls. I was here, admiring the beauty of the monument. Did you notice that the paint and design is still intact in the arch there.’ She pointed and then convinced me that she had not emerged through the closed door. I too believed her and gave in. But today, after all that I had seen, I firmly believe that Alia could enter any room through its walls and closed doors.

‘These miraculous powers are called siddhis and not everyone who can enter through walls is a djinn. Sometimes, even humans get these powers, and mind you, they are neither easy to obtain nor easy to retain.’ Alia said.  

‘Yes, I have magical powers, but unlike this old woman I have never used it for evil deeds. I used it only to protect myself. That day when I entered into a bad marriage, I knew something was sinister, something was not right. Hence, I decided to take the help of magic.’ Alia continued.

‘Black magic,’ said Nimmi.

‘It was pure magic. No whether it is black or white depends on the purpose for which you use it.’ Alia said. ‘I applied the perfume which was gifted to me by my great-grandmother. It was no ordinary perfume. It held magical powers. Once you applied it and went out, whoever person you met first would be yours forever. I knew Samar’s family members would create some problems in my life for sure. I knew I had to do something, before they did anything. So I decided to apply some perfume and meet Samar. If he was on my side, I was prepared to fight against the whole world. But destiny had some other plans. 

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z

2 comments: