Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Wednesday 27 April 2022

Wondering, waiting and ...

 

We reached home.  I was so exhausted that no sooner had I reached my house, I threw myself on the bed and slept like a log of wood. The next morning when I woke up, I was having a throbbing headache. I got out of the bed and walked towards the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. There was no one in the house. I wondered where Somi and Alia had gone. With the coffee mug in my hand I walked to the balcony. It was dark outside. I looked at the wall clock. It showed two in the midnight. I slumped into the bamboo chair and continued sipping my coffee. The whole town was sleeping except me. Then  I remembered the events of the previous day. I kept the mug aside and held my head.

Then I consciously resolved that I should not focus on those incidents. I brushed aside those thoughts, picked the coffee mug and hummed a song. Humming in the dead silence of the night is an experience which is both spooky and soothing. I felt better. I kept the mug aside and stood up. I stretched my hands up in the air and stood on my toes.

‘How are you feeling now?’ Somi was standing behind me.

I  brought my hands down and turned towards her.

‘I thought I was alone in the house.’

‘You can say that you are the only person who wasn’t sleeping.’

‘But now even you are awake.’

‘Yes, I heard the sound of pots and pans from the kitchen and woke up.’

‘Shall I make some coffee for you?’ I asked.

‘I don’t have anything up to 8 am.’ She said.

‘Oh! Intermittent fasting.’

‘Everyone should fast. Fast is not just about food. Staying away from negative emotions, thoughts and memories is a fast as well.’ Somi spoke like a philosopher.

‘Was that meant for me?’ I asked.

‘That was for everyone.’ She smiled and said. 

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment