Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Thursday 21 April 2022

Resistance

 

‘Somi, what if I fall for another woman?’ I had asked when we were dating.

‘Good. I would say don’t fall from just another woman. Fall for many of them. I would at least have a fleet of servants at home.’ She had said in a lighter vein.

On another occasion she had warned me that if I did anything like that she would fleece the skin out of back and make curtains out of it. I had no idea how she got such a gory idea.  But the message was clear. She would never ever accept any other woman in my life.

‘We all feel that there is only one love in life. But if one keeps his hand on his heart and asks it to spell the truth then … We all would agree that we fall in love multiple times. Love is an all conquering feeling. Contrary to our perceptions we don’t have to give up one love for the sake of another. Afterall what is the point if love cannot co-exist.’

‘Does that mean that I will have to hide our relationship from Somi.’


‘No, make her understand. If she truly loves you, she will understand our predicament.’

‘Understand, my foot.’ Somi said and stomped her foot. She stood there akimbo. Her eyes read with rage. Her attitude that of a martinet.

‘Is it believable. You just fall for a woman all because of a perfume. What  do you think life is all about? Is it some deo ad?’ Somi flew venom.

‘Exactly,’ said Nimmi. ‘That is what I have been trying to tell. But they are hell bent on fooling the world. What can we do?’

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment