Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Friday 22 January 2016

The frog and the lake

Some things in your life don’t happen the way you want and when they don’t happen the way you want you feel sad, unhappy and dejected. There was a point in my life, when nothing was going right for no fault of mine. I was utterly dejected. I was away from my family and friends. I had none with whom I could share what was going in my heart. The silence in the house made me uncomfortable. I just wanted to go away from my house.

I stepped out of the house in a hope that the fresh air would do me some good. I walked along the road. I passed the houses and shops and soon the tiny town in which I was living was over. Now that there were no obstructions I could clearly see the pond. It was around two kilometres away from the town. I just walked and walked. Yet my mind found no solace. There were a thousand thoughts in my head. Thousand more were being added with every passing minute. The speed of my walk increased with every thought, as if the thoughts were driving me.

I reached the pond. It was very ordinary. Just an expanse of water spread haphazardly. It wasn’t blue like the one they show in movies and on TV. Now a brisk walk of two kilometres had left me drained and tired. There were huge rocks abutting the lake. I sat on one of them.

Soon dark clouds covered the sky. The waters which were never blue, looked black. It became dark. The atmosphere was gloomy. Even the air outside had utterly failed to give me any solace. Everything was dark and unhappy. Still I was seated on the rock. It was gloomy inside and outside. There was no point in going back home. A lighting struck. It was going to rain. Had my mother been here with me she would have told me. “Come on let us go home. Its lighting. It is going to rain soon.” The thought of my mother made me even unhappier. I wanted to be with her. I wanted to rest my head into her lap and cry. I was missing her. I was unhappy. I didn’t know why I had come to this god forbidden place.

That was when a frog croaked. That peppy frog jumped in front of me. My legs were dangling from the rock. I pulled them up. The frog happily jumped from the space which I had created by lifting my legs. The atmosphere which seemed dark and gloomy for me, was the reason for happiness of the frog. He was happy that it was going to rain soon. He was happily croaking in anticipation of the rain. That little creature made me happy. Such was impact of its peppy croaking that suddenly I felt happy. I wished I could have brought him home so that I would have remained happy always. But he soon disappeared into the bushes. But I had got my lesson.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.


1 comment:

  1. Great read! Amazing na... how little things and different beings can teach us so much :-)
    Cheers, Archana - www.drishti.co

    ReplyDelete