Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Dharamshala Impact

Dharamshala always had a magical pull upon me. I knew that Dalai Lama stayed there. I knew that Dharamshala had a cricket playground, which hosted some of the international matches. Even during the matches on TV, what I watched for was the scenic beauty of Dharamshala. There were meadows and the pine standing tall. There were the snow capped mountains inviting me. I am a spiritual person, but not a religious one. No wonders numerous Buddhist monasteries which I had seen in pictures had a great impact upon me. I wanted to visit Dharamshala at the earliest. I prayed everyday God take me to the place called Dharamshala.

Finally the day arrived I was at Dharamshala. How do you feel when your dreams is fulfilled? Fantastico. Yes I felt the same way. Dharamshala is located in the district Kangra. It is the headquarter of Kangra. It is an iconic town. It is small in size, but large in stature. After all it is the seat of the Tibetan Government in exile. It is only after coming to Dharamshala that I came to know that Dalai Lama is fondly called as Little Lhasa.

McLeodganj is nine kilometres up the hill. It is known as upper Dharamshala. It is a tourist hub. I was able to view the snowclad Dhauldhar, which means wearing white, peaks towering at the horizon. It is not only the Buddhists who reside in Dharamshala. Dharamshala is a rich cultural fabric. Tibetans, Hindus, Buddhists and even expats from various countries who have made Dharamshala their homes form the fabric of Dharamshala. Laid back appeal that is so unique to Dharamshala attracts hordes of foreigners to Dharamshala. All these ethnicities add to the peppy culture of Dharamshala.

I visited the famous Bajreshwari Devi Temple at Kangra. It is located at a distance of eighteen kilometres from Dharamshala. This temple is known for tis wealth. I also visited Kangra Town, which is three kilometres from the temple. It is here that you come across another famous tourist spot in Dharamshala. It is the famous fort at Old Kangra. I also liked the Chamunda Devi temple. It is situated at a distance of fifteen kilometres from Dharamshala.

Tsuglagkhang complex is the palace of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Namgyal Gompa stays here too. I wasn’t lucky to have Darshan of Dalai Lama. But I did visit the museum inside the complex which is dedicated to history of Tibet and its struggles.

The air was fresh. I stood atop one of the hills and spread my hands across my shoulders. I breathed the mountain air inside me. It was cold and unpolluted. It was magical. My lungs were filled with fresh air. That air of Dharamsahala left me rejuvenated. Such was its impact. 

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.    

No comments:

Post a Comment