Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Sunday 21 February 2016

Impact of Gita

Being born in India I have been hearing about the Bhagwat Gita since I was a child. I had heard it on television that the Bhagwat Gita was indeed a great book. I read it in newspapers that the Bhagwat Gita was widely appreciated by foreigners as well. I heard in one of the sermons which I attended with my grandmother that the Bhagwat Gita offers solution to every problem of human life. Everybody was glorifying this book called the Bhagwat Gita. I had seen in Hindi films that even the courts insisted that the witnesses should testify after swearing by the name of the Bhagwat Gita. So the Bhagwat Gita had to be a great book indeed.

I wanted to read the Bhagwat Gita and know about its greatness first hand. So I went to the local book store and bought myself a copy of the Bhagwat Gita. I knew that I will not be able to understand the sanskrit script of the Bhagwat Gita. So I brought a copy which offered Marathi translation of the verses too.

I was very young then. I was in my seventh class. Though I read few of the verses and its translations, I did not comprehend them fully. Something was missing. May be the time was not right.

I grew up. The copy of the Bhagwat Gita which I had bought as a child was still with me. I began to read it again. I also began to buy and read the commentaries of the Bhagwat Gita written by various authors and slowly I began to understand the meaning underlying the verses of the Bhagwat Gita. I was deeply impacted by those verses and the powerful messages which they conveyed.

Reading the Bhagwat Gita has had a deep impact upon me. It has taught me that running away from the problems is not the solution. Where there is life there is bound to be a conflict. Where there are humans there are bound to be some disputes. It is our duty to play our role. While playing our role we should constantly remember the Lord. That is the meaning of the Bhagwat Gita.

Do all your chores, perform all your actions in remembrance of the Lord. Offer it to Him. The impact of dedicating all your actions to Him is great. You are relived of the Karmas. You are doing your duty, but you are not accumulating any karma. Isn’t that a great thing? I was indeed very fortunate to have understood the meaning of the Bhagwat Gita.

Also the Bhagwat Gita speaks about meditation and kriya yoga. It tells us the secret methods by which we can dissolve ourselves into the Creator. After all we come from Him and go back to Him. Such was the impact of reading the Bhagwat Gita that it made me a wise person by sharing an esoteric secret. 
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment