Free for download only on 4th and 5th March 2020

Thursday 4 February 2016

Impact of remembering Him always


I was sitting alone at the cloister. I wanted to meet my Guru. He had left his body long before my birth. But I knew he was always there. I prayed and prayed to him. Show me the path my lord. Show me the path. I cried and cried. I was determined that I will not get up from the cloister until I got an answer. I don’t know how long I sat there. With folded legs and eyes closed I prayed for an answer. I knew no prayer goes unanswered. Its effects may not be discernible to the common eyes.

Remember Him always came a voice deep within. Remember Him always the voice said again and again. My joy knew no bounds. Finally I had got an answer. I joined my hands and thanked the Almighty for guiding me. I prostrated before the altar and sat there for some more time. I was expressing my gratitude to Him for giving me an answer.

After sometime I walked out of the cloister. I saw a big bakul tree standing tall in the garden. It must be centuries old. It must have been lucky to feel the Master’s presence in person I thought. I went beneath the tree. The tiny fragrant flowers were all spread on the ground. I picked one of the flower and had a deep breath.

I see You in this flower. I smell You in its fragrance.” The thoughts surreptitiously came into my mind. I went outside the cloister premises. I got into a taxi. The car zipped past through the rural Gujarat. It was brown and bare. It stretched ahead indefinitely. I was all away from the civilization. Even in those barren lands I said. “I can see Thee in the barren deserts. It is all your creation. Your leela. Even it is You in the car. The human mind cannot think of making a car without Your wish. It is You who is here. It is You who is there. It is you who is everywhere.”

Soon I developed a habit to find Him everywhere. First I started doing it consciously and then unconsciously it became a part of my system. This habit had a great impact upon me. It didn’t result in any miracles. But isn’t existence itself a great miracle? Remembering Him all the time vanished all my fears. Now I feared none. I did my duties and offered it to Him. I never had any time to think about others. I was too busy with His company. I was deeply in love with Him. The mundane issues of existence hardly bothered me. I was floating above them, yet discharging all my duties. Such was the impact of remembering Him always. 

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.      

No comments:

Post a Comment